Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sorry about Elaine and the driver.

I took the day off from hiking to see Hay. It is a nice little town and today was Market Day so everyone was out. I wandered through some of the bookstores-didn't buy anything, went through the touristy shops-bought some little things, stopped and had tea and Welsh cakes. It was a nice day-overcast, windy and cold. A perfect day to stay off the Ridge.

I spent the afternoon reading one of the books here in the B&B-had more tea, took a nap. Tomorrow we start right here in Hay and walk to Kington-not a bad walk at all.

I think I will do much better tomorrow because of today because when you think about it, I haven't stopped since last Thursday and the fiasco at the Pittsburgh airport. I needed a day to get things back together.

I changed my trip a bit-will spend two days in Manchester, still flying home on the 24th.

I usually have eggs, sausage, toast, potatoes and tea for breakfast-great food here! My lunches have been the PB&J sandwiches, with a Welsh cake, apple and banana. Last night I had fish and chips-very good and not at all like Arthur Treachers. The serving was huge! Tonight I will finish my Chicken and Mushroom Balti and tomorrow will eat out with the others.

I sleep very well, have not been in enough sun to get burned, but my face is a bit wind burned.

I will spend this evening reading and hit the road again tomorrow.

On Saturday I'll travel to Bishop's Castle. The walk from Knighton to Montgomery is supposed to be hard, so I will plan my day off accordingly!

Hi Cara!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, I went golfing today Thurs. July 9th at Bedford Trails 18 holes had 100. Came home had Dr.appt. Just got home, checked messages and I think you called . We had a good time today, it was a great day lots of sun and the temp was around 80. Enjoy yourself and have fun when you go to dinner with your fellow walkers.
    I like your club!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for all the folks reading Treda's Trips I posted this blog at 4:23 p.m. EDST in the US

    ReplyDelete