Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Last Post Till Friday

I am leaving Chirk for Manchester today and won't have access to a computer. I fly home on Friday morning, so should be able to blog after 9:00 UK time on Friday.

Yesterday I golfed the Par 3 at Chirk-in the rain of course. It was fun. I didn't par any holes-left three putts short and bounced out once. Two 5's. It is a very nice course, and they have a regulation 18 hole course, too! So, if you stay here, you can sight see, golf......

I walked the Llangollen Canal into Llangollen to meet my fellow FootPath Holiday Hikers one last time. It is a flat, five mile walk-very pretty. The high point is crossing the Pontcysylite Aqueduct-about 150 feet in the air.

The Aqueduct is about a mile from my B&B-and if you don't want to walk all the way to Llangollen, you could just walk to the Aqueduct! The Towpath is at the top of the lane.

I am glad I stayed here-Llangollen has lost a bit of it's polish. None of the hikers was happy with their B&B in Llangollen-and were a bit jealous of my choice. It is an easy drive from here to Llangollen!

Well, just finished breakfast-will repack and head to the train station. Another good thing about Chirk is that the train station is here!

When I get home I will start posting pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment