Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bloody 'ell!

It was a very nice day today-a bit warm but more on that later. I have changed the subheader because of a book called "Special Offa" about the Trail where the author(good book) says "Bugger Offa" to the cows, sheep, flies...etc. that he meets.

Had a great breakfast. If you stay at Old Time-get the white toast! The bacon is so good, and Jane raises her own chickens. Good eggs!

Well, the day started out fine.....then we started into the switchbacks-5 of them. Here's what you do-you climb 300 feet straight up-yes-straight up-with handholds cut into the muddy, rain slicked earth-then you slide down 300 feet straight down on your arse. Repeat 4 times more. Then walk another 5 miles in the rain. Not my favorite day.

Footpath Holidays! We didn't need to see Montgomery today! The van could have picked us up at the trail!

It was a long, long 14 miles today and I am not walking tomorrow! I know I'll miss the Roman road. Bloody 'ell! I don't care!

So, if you plan to walk Offa's Dyke...take the bus from Knighton to Montgomery.

Oh, we laughed though, and I enjoyed my ham sandwich!

I am going to get more orange soda, take a hot shower and get some sleep.

Jane has lots of books here, so I will read tomorrow!

Hi Cara!

No comments:

Post a Comment