Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I just want to say that this is a wonderful B&B if you are ever in Hay.

We walked 12 miles today-finally through open country. I mean open. Through cattle fields, sheep fields, corn fields, wheat fields, cut hay fields, mud fields. I have some great pics.

There was a lot of uphill, but not as steep as yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be hard.

I stopped at the Indian Takeaway(takeout) and had chicken and mushroom Balti. It was good!

I have enough left for dinner tomorrow. So far I've been spending about 10 dollars a day for food. I make PB&J sandwiches, buy apples and bananas and diet coke for the evenings. Yesterday we had tea at the end of the walk-in Monmouth. So civilized.

I will be joining the others Friday for dinner.

I have a ride to Bishop's Castle.

I have decided not to walk the third week, and Foot-path Holidays will hold my money until next year. So, I will be still going to Chirk on the 18th, but leaving on the 22nd to go to Manchester so I can see Manchester. In Chirk there is a train station, so I will take day trips on the train! The other walkers said to go to Chester.

I would come home early, but that would cost me 700 dollars. No. Booo Continental!

I read and am in bed by 10. Very peaceful here.

Hi Cara! Hi Noah! Hi Eric!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Sissy! I miss you! Mommy and I tried to write earlier but it didn't go through. I wanted you to take a picture of a fish. Hope I see you soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete