Thursday, July 16, 2009

I realized today that I have not seen a fast food place for two weeks. What a joy that is! The roads around here are lined with hedges-and are very narrow by American standards. The cars are smaller, but there have been some close calls. I would not drive here!

We had a flat walk today-10 miles along the Montgomery Canal. At one point a military helicopter spent about an hour buzzing around us-then hovered in a field next to us as we walked through. I suggested I moon them, and Michael suggested Pam flash them, but we didn't. They waved and went on when we waved. It was a bit scary.

It was a beautiful walk-perfect after the switchbacks and very large hill of yesterday(and the big hills of tomorrow)

We saw the locks, the aqueducts, swans, a heron-all really nice.

We finished the day in Llanymynech(I think the spelling is OK) and had tea at The Village Pantry.

OMG! Ihad this cream cheese filled pastry with icing and homeade strawberry jam-it was the best thing I've ever tasted! The tea was great, too. If you walk the Dyke-stop there! They have meat pies and all of thet-made there!

It rained all afternoon and for a while my phone didn't work. I thought I had to pay them, but it was their system. I'm good.

I am off to take a hot shower and eat my Cornish pastey for dinner. I have some veggies left, and some pickled beets. A few cups of tea and I will be good for the night.

I will walk tomorrow-to finish the week.

We make it to Chirk tomorrow.

Oh! My Outdoor Research hat is wonderful! My shoes are waterproof-dry socks after an afternoon of driving rain, mud and wet hay fields.

Hi Cara!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone seems to want the magic golf club. Mary Kay, Darlene (she has my old one), Zak is getting one, Elaine has one, Rae has yours. We have started a trend. We played at Greenville today. It was fun. Hot but there was wind.

    ReplyDelete