Sunday, July 5, 2009

The first day went well. We were driven to Chepstow and looked at the sea, touched the stone at the startt of the walk, then headed out through a cow pasture.

Up, up, up...down, down, down..... And again. I have some pics of Tintern Abbey from high above, but mostly we were in the woods. There are wild black current bushes-too early for blackberries. I am glad I walked the West Hill!!!

The people are nice-only one other American. I was tired at the end of the day, stopped at a grocery store and got some chicken and a salad and orange juice. The PB&J worked fine for lunch, but I have enough chicken left for a sandwich tomorrow.

If you ever come to Hay-on-Wye, stay at Aldemiro! They are wonderful!

Tomorrow we will go through Monmouth.

Off to shower, read and get some sleep. Yes, my feet hurt!

Oh, you can comment!

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    Well I'am glad you made it thru the first day.
    Soak your feet each day so they won't hurt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing in the world worse than sore feet. Epsom salts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it's Monday July 6 7:50 p.m. talked to Judy
    she went to see Maggie but the place was closed
    today because of the holiday. She said to tell
    you she had Maggie's ball.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete