Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hi Cara! I will take a picture of a fish for you!


I am not walking tomorrow because I've done 50 miles in 4 days-walked up a frikkin' huge mountain today(2000 feet) without a rest stop-walked down the side of said mountain to reach this priory, and have to walk back up the narrow, muddy path to walk another 13 miles tomorrow! I walked up that mountain once! I'm not doing it twice!

I'm going sightseeing in Hay.

I am staying at such a lovely B&B-Aldinero ---will have a light breakfast tomorrow, stop in the afternoon and have tea, then take a nap.

Pam (from Essex)is taking me to Bishop's Castle and on to Chirk. I like her-she is staying at a farm B&B and cooks her own meals. The 3 men and Terry-the other American woman eat in pubs every night. Hillary just joins them every now and then.

Our leader could slow down and give us a few more rest stops. Today was harder than it should have been.

The views are amazing-this is such a beautiful area, and the walk is certainly worth it, I just don't want to walk back up a narrow, slippery path again.

I feel this is my vacation and I can do as I wish. Tomorrow I wish to walk around this lovely little town.

I wonder if I could get to the golf course.........

Hi Cara! Hi Noah! Hi Eric!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    Are you getting any of my messages? I have sent you several but don't see them on your blog.
    Those hikes sound pretty hard, I sure couldn't do them but give you a lot of credit.
    Have fun exploring the town of Hay tomorrow. Dar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need a day off. Sounds like a hard walk, I could not do that! I could go shopping and out to lunch-- that's my speed. Elaine / Saddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I sent you something--The shopping sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not allowed to give Elaine your driver any more. :) :) I had to give her 6 today and she was hitting the heck out of the ball and beat me by 3.

    ReplyDelete