Monday, July 13, 2009

A lovely, Lazy Day

My feet were throbbing so much, and my knee and ankle were sore, so I took today off from hiking.

First, this part of the world is further north than Pennsylvania so that we get more daylight! It was still pretty light at 11:00! That was disconcerting!

It also gets lighter earlier.

I had breakfast at 9 with the other guests-three lads from one of the bands here for the Beer Festival. Nice lads-a bit hungover. I heard them come in early this morning. We had a discussion on politics-because the UK has lost several soldiers in the last week. We were of the same opinion of GBush and all. Try explaining the Electoral College to people from the UK. They have an easier way of doing things!

I met my fellow hiker's wife at 11 and we walked around the village, then had tea. I was back here at Old Time by 12:30, ate lunch(I stopped at the Coop grocery store) and read "A Walk in the Woods" all afternoon and early evening.

Interesting-about walking the App. Trail. I will never do that.

I got some sliced ham for a ham sandwich tomorrow, a bag of ready to eat veggies, some pickled beets and tomatoes.

I also bought a meat pie for dinner. I know-they'll miss me at the Fish and Chips place.

I am very full, my feet don't hurt, and I am warm and dry. At one point this afternoon we had a hard thundershower-the rain beating against the window. I was glad to be inside and not on the switchbacks.

Tomorrow we walk from Clun(yes-Clun!) to Montgomery. The morning starts with a climb, but then we settle into the Severn Valley. The next 4 days should be over rolling, small hills. Thanks!

Hi Eric, Noah, Dwayne, Hannah and Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment