Saturday, July 11, 2009

I am now in the Old Time B&B in Bishop's Castle, and what a lovely place it is! It is a few hundred years old-built partly with beams from the castle that was torn down during the Civil War. No, not our Civil War-England's Civil War-Cromwell, Charles I, John Simm in "The Devil's Whore"!

Wonderful little room looking out over the fields-great old double bed with fabulous linens.

Jane has been very gracious to let me on here to post.

Pam and I drove up from Hay today-taking a good four hours because we investigated little old churches and back roads-also spending a long time at the Offa's Dyke Center in Knighton and grocery shopping.

I filled my bag with apples and bananas. The PB&J is holding up very well.

Pam and I explored CC when we got here-found a fish and chips place that sells kebobs(kebabs?) for £3. I have found my dinners for the next week!

Oh! BC is having their Beer Festival-ending tonight, so I am glad my room is in the back. Lots of people out-music, fun!

I had a great dinner at the Old Black Lion last night-steak and kidney pie, two pints of a good local ale-good conversation.

I have 13 miles to walk tomorrow-from Kington to Knighton, and will take Tuesday off.

I am having a good time. Oh! Judy checked on Maggie-she is fine.

Hi Cara!

No comments:

Post a Comment