Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 4-Part 2

This was a fascinating day. We walked to the top of Hay Ridge and down to the Abbey(have to check on the name)

I was not expecting heights like this, and this is the purpose of this blog. No other blog or web site talks about how difficult some of these heights are-so I am!

It was fun! But it wasn't easy. My problem with Footpath is that once we got to the top we didn't stop or take any time to just look at the wonderful views! It was cold and windy that day, but we didn't even have time to take our packs off to put warmer clothes on. I was freezing! After this day I made sure my hat, gloves and warm neck gaiter were in the top of my pack-so I could ask someone to get them out for me.

Then we had to walk an extra mile or so down to the Abbey-knowing that we would have to walk back up again. I think day 3 should have been longer so we could have walked into hay on Day 4. That's how you plan it if you are on your own. It was discouraging. I took day 5 off to see hay because i just did not want to walk back up the hill.

The tea at the Abbey was great, though! Oh-walking poles are a big help here-especially if you go down to the Abbey. Very narrow, muddy path down.

No comments:

Post a Comment