Friday, July 10, 2009

I felt very rested this morning after my day out. We started in Hay and walked to Kington-15 miles. The first part of the walk was by the river Hay and was level and very pretty, then we started up. We stopped at an old church where they had tea or coffee-for a small donation. Very nice break. We went on and walked part way up the Hergest Ridge(600 feet high)and had lunch in a sheep pasture. Yes, I was careful where I sat. The hot tea in my thermos is wonderful at lunch!

We walked on from ther for the last 7 miles-up to the top of the ridge for wonderful views. It got a bit cloudy and chilly, but no rain. Great gorse and fern wild areas.

We walked down into Kington and had tea at a little coffee shop. The tea house's German Shepherd kept us company. Then back in the taxi and back to Hay.

We are all meeting at The Old Black Lion for dinner, so I hope to tell you about that tomorrow.

I don't know if the people at my next stop will be as gracious as Ken and Gillian have been to let me use their computer.

If I can't, I'll call Elaine and she can post for me. Or Jean.

I am fine-feet hurt a bit and I'm glad I'm only doing two weeks.

Hi Cara!

No comments:

Post a Comment