Sunday, July 19, 2009

Canal boat

I have a lot to say today! Yesterday I went for a walk around 2-down the Llangollen Canal towpath where I met a woman holding the rope to her boat. We started talking and she invited me in for tea! On a narrow boat canal boat! What a hoot! She was wild! Rolled her cigs-wild-about 80.

The boat was too cute. She heats water and makes electricity with soalr panels, and also has a coal/wood fired cooker. We had tea while her border collie barked at the walkers and other boats went by.

What treat!

Then my hostess at Syn y Dwr, her husband and friend took me with them to a classical concert at Cholmedly Castle. That was fabulous. It rained, got cold-we had a proper wet English picnic. Wine, salmon quiche, salad, cider-rain, cold-did I mention rrain?

The brass band was great-but the concert was fabulous! Flags were waved(Welsh flag from our table), fireworks were set off, the bagpipes ended the evening from the battlements of the castle.

It was the best fireworks display I have ever seen live-so good during the 1812 Overture. Everyone sang during "Land of Hope and Glory". We got home about midnight and I went right to sleep.

Today Kath made me a great-filling breakfast and I took off walking to the Chirk Castle. I stopped at the golf course first-no ball markers.

I can play on Tuesday-no problem.

The castle was amazing! I, of course, have never seen a castle up close-the first castle I've ever seen was the one at the concert!

I did the whole thing-dungeon, battlement, 18th century redone rooms. I kept looking for Jane Austen to walk by.

I ate there and walked home in a small rain storm. I have been watching golf all afternoon.

Tomorrow Kath is taking me with her into Chester and I will do some touristy things.

Did Eric get home from the Pirate's game all right?

I am having a great adventure!

Hi Cara! Aunt Sissy will be home on Friday. Oh! Maggie is fine-Judy will pick her up for me and be waiting when I get home!

1 comment:

  1. I've loved reading about your food and walking adventures. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete