Saturday, July 18, 2009

In Chirk(check your maps now!)

What a wonderful place I've landed in! First, the floors are even-but it isn't 400 years old, either. I',e moved to modern times from the age of Charles I!This house -Syn y Dyr- is in a little valley outside Chirk.

I am in a room with a double bed-she made tea for Pam and me-there is a firld with sheep behind us, she has the most beautiful garden-with raspberry plants, chickens and bees! She just put the bees in this morning.I am going with them to a concert(outdoor0tonight-so she asked if I liked Quiche and smiked salmon. Um, yes please!

I am using her laptop in my room! because mine isn't working-but will sort that out when I get home.They have two border collies-and we've had a "throw the ball" play time already. She's going to let me help her walk them!Chirk Castle is a mile away-she asked if I wanted a ride. Um, 1 mile? I can walk.

The golf course is right by the castle, so I'll set up my tee time for Tuesday tomorrow.Monday Kath is driving into Chester and will drop me off. She will take me to the train station in Chirk.So, last night pam came into Bishop's castle and we had fish and chips in the breakfast room of Old Time-she and Hillary want to walk the Cumbria Way next year and want me to join them se we can self-cater. it's a week's walk so I said OK. I can fly into Birmingham-Pam will Pick me up and off we'll go!I plan to get a Britrail pass so I can spend a week around the country.More later!

This is such a pretty part of the UK.

Now, when I get home I will go over the parts of the Dyke I walked in much greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment