Sunday, June 20, 2010

Walking on Mull

Woke up at 7:30 today and ate a huge breakfast.  Full whatever.  yes, I ate it all.  I'm paying for this, I'm eating it.  Rested a bit then we went for a walk down to the campsite and the ocean.  5 miles.  Little walk.    It is wild but they have showers and toilets.  You camp on the edge of the world.  Hmmmm...single track road after the ferry.....  But the campsites overlook Iona and the sea!

Came back, I posted pics finally, and napped a bit, then we had dinner on the bench in front of the B&B ...a gull stole our bread.  We had enough.

I mentioned the boys we met in the pub-the ones from the Torbermory Hostel, well they were out in front of our B&B trying to find a place closer to town, but...no luck.  We told then we might see them in the pub later.

We did.  My friend was off using the phone and I had my pint there...and they walked in.  Had a lovely hour with them.  My friend came back...they went off to dinner, we walked to the ocean and came home.

I remarked that there was a fire on the far hillside, and there was a very large fire.  My friend had noticed a small boat on the hill earlier, and I remembered that I had seen a sign in the store for "Remember Helga"  A wake for a local person who had died.  Well, it wasn't just a wake, it was a frikkin viking funeral.  Too far to walk, but I have pics.  No, there was no body...just a party to remember.

So, every day we seem to have a new and different experience.

Tomorrow we are going to Staffa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment