Friday, September 3, 2010

Days 4 and 5

Well, I woke up on Day 4 to a still swollen toe and soggy, muddy shoes, so I told Pam to go on without me because I was going into town to try and find new shoes-shoes that would fit and not rub my toe.  I had lovely shoes-Salomon's, but I got them a half size smaller than regular-the toe area was *just* that small enough to screw up my toe.  Ate breakfast with Pam(will post pics of the cottage in a few days), redd up the kitchen and put sandals on to walk the three blocks to the center of Keswick.  Keswick is a lovely little town!  The center is closed off to cars, they have a supermarket and a Co-op, and they have dozens of stores that cater to walkers and climbers.  I went to the biggest walking/hiking store and told the sales person about my toe.  They were all wonderful to me-took over an hour fitting me, getting me new, thinner socks, letting me walk around in the shoes.  I ended up with Keens...which I will walk in forever more.  I also got a size 9 instead of an 8-1/2. 

I took the shoes home and made dinner for Pam, Stephen and myself.  I missed a great day of walking-one of the most desolate valleys in the UK.  I was very upset, and hope to be able to walk it one day.

I rested my foot all evening and prepared for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment