Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day Three of the Cumbrian Way Keswick to Langdale

I did not walk the third day, so these are Pam's pictures.  I have included a few of her pictures from day two, the ones of the Bothy.

Day three took them through the Langstrath Valley-so desolate and beautiful, with a small climb.  I really wanted to do this day's walk because I read so much about the valley, and was so disappointed to have to stay home.  My toe was swollen, and I knew I couldn't do the climb down the Crag.  I will get Pam to tell me more about this day when she gets back.  I am including a link to a wonderful site about the Cumbrian Way so you can read for yourselves.  http://www.thecumbriaway.info/route_stage3.htm

Day three was a short walk, about 8 miles, but at the end they climbed Castle Crag.  I rested-could not put my foot into any of my shoes.  I made dinner that night.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/multreda/Cumbrian%20Way/?action=view&current=b74c2d34.pbw

No comments:

Post a Comment