Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why Offa's Dyke?

Last September i took my first overseas trip to County Kerry, Ireland, where I hiked the Ring of Kerry. I had such a wonderful time that I decided to go again, for another week. Someone said to me, "You're not getting younger. Perhaps you should do the longer walks first."

Ah ha! Well, the longest walk I want to do is the 177 mile Offa's Dyke National Trail in Wales. I found a company that leads guided tours of Offa's Dyke, set up my accommodations, organized my way there, and (luckily) paid for most of it before the exchange rate soured for me.

I will explain more tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck and God keep you safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about your day to day walks. Enjoy and will see you when you get back. Get some golf in!!!!! Stay safe and have a good time. Dar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go on any walk named after a lesbian too!

    ReplyDelete